Food preparation and family meals play a significant role in Henna House. Add food to your programming through some of these resources.
- Faye Levy, a cookbook author, teacher, journalist and food writer who has lived on three continents, has graciously submitted an article about Yemenite food and some of her favorite recipes for our Resource Guide. Click to download her article and Yemenite recipes.
- An informative article by Chef Dennis Wasko presents an informative history of the Jews of Yemen and ends with a recipe for “Choula,” Yemenite Lamb Stew
- Keeping Yemenite Jewish Traditions Alive
- A listing of Yemenite dishes (not all Jewish), including a good color photo of each and a clear description. A useful resource before going to a Yemenite restaurant so you can order intelligently.
- Check out an informative article on Jewish Yemini foods by Leah Hadad, who grew up in a Yemenite-Jewish family in Israel.
- One timely recipe for Jewish-Yemenite (High Holy Days) Soup
- Malawach recipe
There are no revisions for this post.